The CS18 SOC specifically invites the community to propose splinter sessions on current hot topics. Proposals for splinter sessions can be made by individuals or groups of individuals. At this time, we are planning either 9 or 12 splinter sessions can be accommodated in our schedule.
Splinter organizers should be prepared to produce and maintain a website that includes the schedule and speakers, and describes opportunities for people to participate in the session. The splinter websites will be linked from the main CS18 website, so all meeting participants are aware of the splinter sessions and can make informed choices about which sessions they wish to attend. A complete program for each splinter should be online six week prior to the meeting, on April 25th, 2014.
Any splinter session proposal should include the following:
- Names of the session organizers, and primary contact information
- One page summary of the goal of the session, including discussion on why this is a timely topic for CS18
- List of potential speakers, and a plan for how additional speakers will be solicited
- A (non-binding) list of likely participants
- Splinter format suggestion that includes a description on how the audience will be involved
- Commitment to set up a website in support of the splinter, with a complete program online by April 25th, 2014
- Commitment to contribute a summary of the session for the proceedings
Deadline for splinter session proposals is December 13, 2013. Please submit proposals by mailing a plain text file to email@example.com with the subject line 'Splinter Session Proposal'.
We plan to announce accepted splinter sessions by the middle of January 2014. Participants willing to contribute in the splinter sessions must make arrangements directly with the convener.
Topics which have been suggested in SOC deliberations of the schedule will be posted here.
For more information, please see our schedule or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.