Gerard van Belle
Astronomer, Lowell Observatory
1400 W Mars Hill Road
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
I'm an astronomer at Lowell Observatory, in Flagstaff, Arizona, building & using
the highest resolution optical telescopes available on the planet.
I use these telescopes to learn about the sizes, shapes,
and surfaces of stars, and to look for planets orbiting those stars.
Items of Interest
- 2016 April 12, Spaceflight Insider : "Strange Fractures Seen on Pluto's Surface;
Study Considers Feasibility of Orbiter"
- 2016 January 22, KJZZ: "Flagstaff Astronomer: Proposed 'Planet Nine' Raises Questions About Planet
- 2015 July 12, AZ Daily Sun: "Pluto Images are Candy for the
- 2015 May 7, AZ Daily Sun: "Defending Champs Retain Spelling Bee
- 2015 Apr 3, USA Today: "Pathos for
- 2015 Jan 31, AZ Daily Sun: "New Horizons Leader to Speak in
- 2014 Nov, Whitman Magazine: "Star
- 2014 Nov 21, AZ Daily Sun: "Fire
in the Sky"
- 2014 Sep, Esquire:
A brief fashion appearance
- 2014 Aug, Esquire: Comments on
- 2014 May 23, radio appearance on
KSFR's Santa Fe Radio Cafe
- 2012 Dec, Forbes:
a Lowell "Christmas card"
- 2012 Apr, AZ Daily Sun: "Lowell's
Anderson Mesa Looking to Grow"
You can continue on to my detailed professional pages are