The files that are available on this web site are given in the
list below, along with a description of what it contains.
- FILELIST -- This file: a description of the other files available on
- STANDMAGS.DAT -- A list of the standard
star magnitudes for both
the flux standards and the solar analogs. Also includes
the solar colors for each filter. This file contains the same
basic information as Tables IV and V in the paper.
- CONSTANTS.TXT -- A list of the
coefficients and constants used in
the data reduction procedures. (The corresponding equations
are given in the paper itself.) This file contains the same
basic information as Tables VI, VII and VIII in
- OBSERVING.LIST -- A list of
standard star positions, with their V
magnitude, B-V color and spectral type. This file contains
the same basic information as Table II in the paper.
- The HB filter paper has been published in Icarus (vol. 147, pp
180-204) and due to copyright issues, the preprint has been
removed from this site. The figures and ASCII data files are
still available for download.
- FIGURE1.PS -- Figure 1 from the paper,
which shows the filter transmission profiles, along with a
comet spectrum showing the relevant emission bands being studied.
- FIGURE2.PS -- Figure 2 from the paper,
showing the colors of the solar analog stars.
- FIGURE3.PS -- Figure 3 from the paper,
showing the positions of the flux standards on the sky.
- FIGURE4.PS -- Figure 4 from the paper,
showing the colors of the flux standard stars.
- COEFFPS.PS -- A list of the coefficients
and constants used in
the data reduction procedures. (This is the same as the ASCII
file above but with variable names that match those in the equations
given in the paper).
- FLOWCH1.PS and
FLOWCH2.PS -- Flowcharts showing the logic used in the data
reduction. The heavy arrows indicate the nominal
reduction path (in which all of the necessary filters were
measured). The deviations from this path show how missing
filters are accounted for, if required. The equation numbers
listed in the flowchart correspond to those given in the paper.
Files superseded by the filter paper
- REDUC_INSTR.TXT -- Instructions on
how to implement the reduction procedures.
- EQUATIONS.PS -- Equations needed for
If you have problems downloading any of these files, let me know and I
will arrange to send them to you in some other format (fax, mail etc)
(520) 774-3358 x232
FAX (520) 774-6296
|Lowell Observatory |
1400 W. Mars Hill Road
Flagstaff, AZ 86001