Matthew M. Knight
Welcome to the work page of Matthew M. Knight.
2.20.13 Another round of batch updates:
- I was interviewed for another Science@NASA article. This one is about Comet Pan-STARRS (C/2011 L4). It's also available as video and parts of it have been republished all over.
- Here are some fun photos from my ProjectASTRO class on making a comet. Thanks to Karen Watson for taking the photos and making the powerpoint.
- The Icarus special issue on Stardust/EPOXI is finally out, so these papers finally have references.
1.23.13 It's been busy so here are a few belated updates:
- I was interviewed for a story on Comet ISON(C/2012 S1) for Science@NASA. It's also available as video and has been republished around the world.
- I got quick set of images of 274P/Tombaugh-Tenagra so Lowell could remind people that Clyde Tombaugh did more than just discover Pluto!
- "Chandra ACIS-S imaging spectroscopy of anomalously faint X-ray emission from Comet 103P/Hartley 2 during the EPOXI encounter" by Lisse et al. is now in press.
- I wrote a short response to a reader's question in the December 2012 [subscription required to read the whole response] issue of Astronomy Magazine.
9.14.12 My paper "A Quarter-Century of Observations of Comet 10P/Tempel 2 at Lowell Observatory: Continued Spin-Down, Coma Morphology, Production Rates, and Numerical Modeling" has been accepted by AJ. Preprint is here.
Older news is here.