- Type: Schmidt
- Primary mirror aperture: 60 cm
- Corrector plate aperture: 58 cm
- Focal length: 111 cm
- Focal ratio: f/1.91
- Image scale: 186 arcsec/mm
- Effective aperture: 44 cm
- Full width half maximum on-axis PSF: ~3 arcsec
- Pixel scale: 2.8 arcsec
- Field of view: 3.17 deg by 1.58 deg
- Limiting magnitude: V=19.6 at 68 sec integration time
- Maximum scan rate: 1100 sq deg/hr
Current status (12 Feb 1996)
- As of 12 Feb 1996, the tube assembly, mirror cell, and focus mechanism
- Gears for the RA and DEC drives are being machined
- Installation in dome is underway. The tube assembly and fork are installed
in the dome.
- Final assembly with camera, alignment and installation of drives remain
to be done.
- Corrector plate is nearing completion.
Current status (13 Sep 1996)
- RA drive assembly is complete and installed
- Mirror has been resilvered
- Corrector plate is complete
- Decl. drive assembly is under construction
- Telescope tube assembly is complete
Last updated 13 Sep1996
Go (Back) to the previous page.
Go (Back) to Lowell Observatory's Home Page